Minimize The Stress Of Family Disputes
Count on the Law Offices of Paul D. Baugh, PC, for experienced and knowledgeable guidance when you and your family are going through a challenging time. My offices deliver fair results and personal attention from an experienced family lawyer. I put more than 25 years of legal experience to work on your behalf, guiding you through every step of the process as your family transitions to a new arrangement. My areas of focus are highlighted below:
- Divorce: Few things can be as emotionally and financially challenging as a divorce or legal separation. I understand your concerns and work with you personally to get fair results.
- Child custody and support: The needs of your children are paramount in any child custody or support dispute. I help you work toward a solution that puts your children first.
- Paternity: My firm is dedicated to protecting your paternal rights and that includes establishing paternity.
- Guardianship: Finding a legal guardian or naming yourself as a legal guardian for your child can be an emotional process. I’m here to make it easier for you.
- Adoption: I help you through all the legal aspects of adoption, so you can expand your family and start your next chapter together.
- Contempt charges: When the other parent refuses to follow the terms of your divorce order, both you and your children could suffer from it. I will help you take swift action.
- Modifications: Sometimes a custody or support order needs to be adjusted. Let me explain your options for obtaining a modification to an existing court order.
- Juvenile law: As both a criminal defense and family law attorney, I’m uniquely qualified to help your child through any criminal charges they may be facing.
With offices in Bloomington and Columbus, I have helped numerous Indiana families reach a resolution that is fair and protects their rights.
Work With A Certified Family Law Mediator
Many times divorce court rules do not work well in solving divorce disputes. In some cases, divorcing couples do better working out solutions using mediation. Family law mediation is a process in which divorcing spouses try to negotiate an acceptable divorce agreement with the help of a neutral third party: the mediator. As a certified family law mediator, I help spouses communicate and negotiate to reach an agreement on their family law dispute. The end result is often more affordable and less time-consuming than litigation and is often to the benefit of both parties. Contact my office today to set up a free initial consultation to discuss your case and explore the first steps. Call 812-727-7013 or send me an email to get started.